Education Assistance Program
Welcome to the Education Assistance Program 2024-2025 Application
Before you begin, please review the following information:
General Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for an interest-free loan, you must meet the following requirements:
- 24 years of age or younger
- If parent is military officer-
- Parent must sign up for a paid MOAA membership if child is selected to receive financial assistance and continue the membership until the child is no longer in the program.
- If parent is enlisted military personnel-
- Parent must be active duty, Reserve, National Guard, or retired. No membership is required. Children of former enlisted personnel are not eligible.
- High school or college GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
*Paid MOAA membership is not required to submit an application. However, if your sponsor is a military officer, an active membership is required to receive your disbursements.
The application takes an estimated 15-20 minutes to complete. The following information is required to submit for consideration:
- Academic information including your high school (or college) GPA & any relevant test scores
- Parent or guardian information including military affiliation and income
- Extracurricular activities (club/activity specifics)
Below is the timeline used for the interest-free loan program. Please pay attention to your email and MOAA communication channels for updates.
November 1st-March 1st: Application opens
Spring: Semifinalists are notified of their status and asked to upload supporting documentation to verify the information provided on the application is accurate.
Early Summer: Finalists are notified and must verify parent's paid MOAA membership (if military officer) and complete remaining paperwork including a legally binding promissory note.
August and December: Disbursements are sent out.
*Exact timelines vary every year based on a variety of factors. Due to the legal requirements of distributing loans, it is vital that students complete all necessary paperwork early in order to avoid delays.