Education Assistance Program
Welcome to the Education Assistance Program 2024-2025 Application for New Students
*This application is for new students who have not yet received funding from our program. If you have previously been awarded funds, please fill out the renewal application that will be available from January 1 to March 1.
Before you begin your application, please review the following information:
General Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for an interest-free loan, you must meet the following requirements:
- 24 years of age or younger (your 24th birthday must be on or before March 1, 2024)
- If parent is military officer-
- Parent must sign up for a paid MOAA membership if child is selected to receive financial assistance and continue the membership until the child is no longer in the program.
- If parent is enlisted military personnel-
- Parent must be active duty, Reserve, National Guard, or retired. No membership is required. Children of former enlisted personnel are not eligible.
- High school or college GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- Children attending U.S. military academies and academy prep schools are not eligible.
*Paid MOAA membership is not required to submit an application. However, if your sponsor is a military officer, an active paid membership is required to receive your disbursements.
The application takes an estimated 15-20 minutes to complete. You will have the opportunity to make changes to your application until March 1, when the submission window closes.
The following information is required to submit for consideration:
- Academic information including your high school (or college) GPA & any relevant test scores
- Parent or guardian information including military affiliation and income
- Extracurricular activities (club/activity specifics)
You will be required to create a username and password to access the application. Please save your login credentials for future site access.
Below is the timeline used for the interest-free loan program. Please pay attention to your email and MOAA communication channels for updates.
November 1 - March 1: Application opens
Spring: Semifinalists are notified of their status and asked to upload supporting documentation to verify the information provided on the application is accurate.
Early Summer: Finalists are notified and must verify parent's paid MOAA membership (if military officer) and complete remaining paperwork including a legally binding promissory note.
August and December: Disbursements are sent out.
*Exact timelines vary every year based on a variety of factors. Due to the legal requirements of distributing loans, it is vital that students complete all necessary paperwork early in order to avoid delays.